With B2B online retail set to hit US$6.7 trillion (£4.3 trillion) in sales worldwide by 2020, representing close to 27 per cent of total B2B sales, you can’t afford to ignore eCommerce. Increasingly sophisticated B2C eCommerce experiences are driving up B2B buyers’ expectations. And with 49% of B2B buyers stating that they prefer making work-related purchases on B2C websites, B2B organisations must adapt quickly, to offer customers a superior online shopping experience.
In this article, we use our 10P framework to explain how B2B organisations can successfully make the move to eCommerce, including:
- How to extend the traditional B2B proposition into a digital environment
- How to use the self-service online store to complement more traditional sales channels
- How to hire the right people and ensure you have the right organisational structure in place
- How to optimise the full digital marketing mix
- How to merchandise online
- How to measure performance and develop a new set of KPIs